Monday, November 26, 2012

11-26-2012

Another week in the books!!!

Well, this week Paulina was baptized!!! Picture attached!!! I didn´t have the opporitunity to baptize her but I confirmed her!!! Ya, that was a disaster. I hope the congregation had the gift of tounges and understood the blessing because I think not... Well, I at least got the confirming and the holy ghost part down becuase I didn´t have to redo it so I guess all is well!!! The day before her baptism her old pastor (I don´t think I spelled this right) made 1 final attempt to stop the baptism... Well, he was telling her all about how they still loved her and why she isn´t coming anymore and all that stuff (he knew why but wanted her to say it) well, she told him she was going to be baptized tomorrow into the church of Jesus Christ... He responded, oh, the Mormons? After she said yes he said to her something along the lines of (while pointing to a Book of Mormon) that whole church is based off a lie. Well, being bold loving Paulina she said to him. and I quote (in english) You read that book, actually read it, and you won´t find 1 lie.    So, there you have it folks, she really was the perfect investigator that we had the fortune to run into. 

Mom: Can you email me a picture of my plack at the church, I want to see it. :D 
I don´t think I ever talked about ioio´s (yoyo´s) Every single kid here uses them, it´s cool, I want to buy one but so far I´ve been good and haven´t given in yet. The last couple of days have been burning hot during the day but freezing at night, ya, that´s been quite a bummer I don´t like the extremes both ways but oh well. Better than what Trevor is going through with the negative weather all day, count my blessings!!! :D

2 weeks ago (I forgot to tell ya´ll last week) I was fortunate enough to recieve my first Gaúcho C.D.!!! Irmão Diego gave it to me, and in 21 months, I will listen to it! And, hopefully by then, actually understand it!!! Can´t wait for the day where Português is just like Inglês, 1 day, 1 day... Though, I realized today how much better I understand people, I think that´s a big step!!! Now that I understand people I realize how they talk now hopefully I will start speaking the same way!!! We can hope right??? 

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!!! I didn´t, I had a good day but there´s no such thing as Thanksgiving down here... Plus, my companion knows about Black Friday so he would tell people about that and everyone was far more interested in cheap electronics than they were football and turkey... Psssh.

The ward boundries here are huge!!! At least 4 times the size of the stake boundries in SF... No joke, I did splits this week with Elder Staples and they serve in our ward too (Staples and Marques) Well, they´re area is so far away, they have to take the bus everyday to get there, then saturday we went to a birthday of 1 of the kids of our investigators who I had never visted before and it was a 30 minute bus ride away, no wonder we never visit them... 

I saw and held my first lightning bug!!! That´s the whole story but I was pretty excited.


Eu amo vocês!!! 

Elder Justin Beary




No comments:

Post a Comment