Tuesday, March 12, 2013


First off, I would like to start with a complaint.... There aren´t any peaches here in the Porto Alegre area... Only down in Pelotas... It´s been a rough adjusting period, but finally I´ve gotten over it... Though, Now I´m not eating any fruits... Though I have completely substituded fruit with Coke, so we´re all good!!!! :D    First off lets explain the pictures... THe baptism one explains itself... It was the baptism of Milena.... The other one is the shirt ad tie that Carol bought for me (she got one for Elder Ferreira too) But, it´s probably my prettiest tie so, :D    When we told her now we need to get her more stuff she told us that we´d already given her the best present of the Gospel. Ahhhh :D 

Tuesday!!!! We finally got back to a day of work!!!! We just had a normal day, of Visiting people.... Like always nobody was in house until after 6, so the first 4 hours after lunch were spent walking around trying to talk to people... Though our goal for contacts for the week is 140, almost nobody on the mission does it... So, lets make a count of how Me and Elder R. Ferreira did. We ended the night teaching Milena the last 3 lessons (Chastity, tithing and fasting) Then we went over to Carols for a snack and message!!! At the end of day 2 we had 40 contacts... Exactly on schedule.

Wednesday!!!! We had district meeting in the morning!!! Then I started my splits with Elder Afualo (he´s our DL and he came to our area to do the interview for Milena) He´s from Alaska, his instructor in the CTM was Irmão Israel, so that´s our connection.. During the day we did our walking around for 4 hours, with no luck finding anyone in house... Even our appointments fell through! So, at 5:30 we had our appointment with Carol, and there were a lot of Jokes made about Alaska... He told us that people always ask him if they have fridges there and questions like that... He said he´s heard those questions well over 1,000 times... I imagine. He was sick the whole day, so after Milenas interview we went back to the house, it was about 8, so I didn´t feel bad about returning early.

Ah, contacts until this point on Wednesday is 100, now we´re a bit ahead of schedule

Thursday!!!! Now, ya´ll will be sad, there was really nothing noteworthy that happened thursday... we found the Justin Market while walking 2 streets of Less active members, so I guess it wasn´t a complete loss of a day!!! :D

Oh, and contacts after Thursday are 113... Though, I guess I didn´t do that Justin Market photo justice... while we took the photo the owner of the shop looked at us weird, then called her husband. They thought (I think) that we were filming there store or something like that, so Elder R. Ferreira went in and we explained it to them... I showed them my id with my name on it, and she got all happy and excited, it was kind of weird... Turns out... They named the store that because she loves Justin Bieber... 

We started our day at 6 am... I lost 30 minutes of sleep!!! We went to the church to prep the baptism because during the day we wouldn´t have time because of the District Amigo... So, we did that, we returned, we went to lunch at Carols, then walked to a different area for District amigo!!! Ya, the church is that far away, it´s about an hour long walk, plus it takes foorever to fill the baptismal font. So,we did district amigo, during this time is when I found this bull, and decided that I needed a photo with it... He was busy eating, and wouldn´t look at the camera... So, I decided if I had grass in my hand maybe he would look... It kind of worked out, then he ended up eating from my hand, so that was kind of cool that I fed a bull!!! :D We made a bunch of contacts and taught the first lesson to a ton of families, and left what we hope will be a lot off good work for the elders in Viamopolis! Well, district amigo ended at about 6 30, good thing their area is close to the church, becuase the activity was starting!!! We were told that they would start the night with the activity, then the baptism at about 7 30... Well, of course once we showed up to the activity @ 7:05, everybody was sitting in the baptism room, waiting for us to show up... cool... well, tudo bem, everythings ready, right??? Of course not!!! I remembered the night before that Milenas parents hadn´t signed the ``Permission slip´` and asked Elder R. Ferreira if we would have a problem. He said no, it can be after. I trusted him... we showed up, bishop asked for the paper, and we didn´t have it signed, so he told us it couldn´t happen (it makes sense to me but I was trusting my comp!!!) So, we asked the Ward mission leader to help us! He drove us and MIlena to her house about 20 minutes away, nobody was home... Perfect, we called her mom, luckily she was coming down the street..> We couldn´t just drive to her becuase Milena didn´t have her underclothes or towel... I asked her cousin to remind her but she forgot to, so... We waited at her house about 5 minutes, got every thing taken care of, sped back to the church... Almost died a couple times... Started the reunion, got changed! And finaly!!! Everything worked out! After 6 years  and a crazy night, Milena was finally baptized!!! And, I think it was worth it to her, because of the tears. :D FInally baptized 6 days before her cousin left for her mission!!! :D

Ah, contact count after Friday is 154!!! We´ve already gone past the week mark, now it´s just to show off a bit.

Saturday and Sunday. Everything calmed down a bit!!!! It was a normal day of walking around, though for some reason, Saturday and Sunday were basically the same day Though Sunday we had church and ended the night at Maras... During the day we walked around, finally were able to talk to people but... Problem, almost everyone told us that they didn´t want to recieve our visits anymore... Tudo bem... looks like next week will be another week of finding new people! 

I´m sending this email from Carols!!! We´re doing service, then gonna churrasco!!! :D I forgot to mention that Carols cat had kittens!!!! And, I just love 3 of them... 1 of the black ones is a brat!!!! But that´s okay.  Also, quick story... On friday (the day we worked in Viamopolis) At the activity everybody was asking us and telling us about the story of the missionaries in Viamopolis that were mugged... What? that would mean either Elder Xavier or Elder Gagnon... Everybody was telling us that the missionaries from Viamopolis were mugged, lost everything and were in pretty bad shape in the hospital. Well, we called them and asked how they were doing... They said fine, then we asked about the other missionaies, and where they were... ``They´re here getting ready for bed`` Hmmm,okay we were just wondering because we heard that ya´ll got mugged. Well, then we got the real story. The ZL´s here in Viamão took some less active members to play soccer at the church, they dropped them off and then left. Well, all of the kids apparently mugged one of the others and he was in the hospital. I don´t know if it was one of the kids that the ZL´s took,or not... But good, no missionary is hurt... but still bad

I love you all!!!! Sorry mom, one more week without a spiritual thought!!!! Though, I finally wrote a good email, right!?!?! Our ending contact count was 176!!!! Woooooooh! 

In front of "Justin Market"

Milena's baptism


Shirt and tie Carol bought for Elder Beary

With Carol's kittens

No comments:

Post a Comment